Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Motherly the dangers of eating and driving-Patch.com

My first two cars were stick shifts. At the age of 16 I bought my courageous first car-a Renault Le car (brand new and gold with black accents, 4 fantastic speeds, a stereo, complete with tape cartridge and if ever there were a number of wheels that could be called a citronDette was the.)Move on, in a perky age of 20 I scored the hottest car in these parts — a brand new Pontiac Firebird. It was shiny, white loaded with air conditioning, lights, flip up out of the sleek hood (when one got stabbed it could actually blink!) a special place to dangle two tree air fresheners for time, five speeds and best of all — a custom drink holdercould handle value between large mega cups.  It was heaven on wheels, and before I knew it was the meals on wheels, as well as.


And so it began – an iced tea here, a chocolate shake, here a burger, a wreath. Now I had the opportunity to drive for classes, cruise to drive-thru and Grab my lunch and then make it to work on and at the same time all munching on a # 9 filet o fish without cheese ', exquisite hot and salt fries – not I say what size – and the largest coke in could fit in this swell drink holder of mine.Back, and then (suk), there were no mobile phones, so the only multi-tasking I made was dryer tartar sauce from my steering wheel, rotating the eons times each time I was approaching a traffic light and singing Aerosmith or Barry Manilow (depended on my mood-big lips or big hair!)


No big deal! Or so I thought.Fast forward 25 years, heated two teenage drivers, mobile phones and navigation systems, leather seats, multifunctional stereo systems, dvd players, special places for our pets, and not only the cup holders, but built-in magazine tables for four and a waitress! (Well, almost!)


As a mother who constantly shoving way more in her timetable than is humanly possible, I admit easily to the unthinkable — eat and run!  I customize not this absurd habit from them that ran before me, either. My mother, with five children may have broken the law by letting us ride in the back of the station wagon without being strapped in with safety belts, but I can't remember a time when I have ever seen her scoffing down a taco getting us softball practice on time.


Me good, that is another story entirely. My children would be the first to tell you that your mother can cruise local rotating all while sipping Crystal Light, eating the forbidden apple popping Tic Tac, to get rid of the yolk sac on the Egg McMuffin and discuss "war and peace"and this only during Breakfast hours. I think horror what they can reveal about my dinner habits!


So why are smart people like me (thank you for letting me join just once) such unnecessary risks trying to eat a three-course meal on the go with such precious cargo-our children-in the car at the same time doing? And worse: did not realize that not only what a bad example is our children, but how dangerous it can be ... not to mention what a disservice we make ourselves as human beings to deal with our own bodies in such a hectic, encountered State?


I got one answer. Priorities. We are overscheduled and have taken to eating on the Run, like turn on the water in our faucets: it is pointless function that we simply do without thinking.


Now I speak for myself, of course, but now that I have two children running, I want them to handle things behind the wheel and in their lives, a bit different than their mother has.


As a country, and rightly so, we have given a great deal of attention not texting cell and execution. Well, Buck is not there. Yesterday, I saw a gentleman drag out of Dunkin Donuts with his wire hot cup of heaven in one hand and a jelly donut in the other. Granny Nootjens stopped briefly in front of him, and guess what he imagined when he had rotating out of harm's way?  YEP, wreath!


You know, of course, where this steaming cup of coffee countries not you? You got it, his stick Shift!  (If you're wondering how I knew this, consumed the appearance of his face gave it away!)


I know one thing is sure: I do not want my son to spill its scalding coffee on his stick Shift some day, so I have promised to turn over a new leaf-I believe-and start driving steering wheel a bit differently!


The next time you have the urge to eat and drive, I call on them to withdraw and just be.  It is true – only be!  Nothing is as important as driving safely for them on the road around you, in the car with you and given you as a Smart human being deserves to be safe in your own wheels.


Bet you did not know that costs just 10 minutes, make time each day – just 10 minutes – is proven to increase your overall happiness in life.  If all you have is 10 minutes to eat on the go in between stops, why not drag, extracting a napkin, unpacking your burger and calmly eat it and give thanks moment of peace you eat now up! Who knows, perhaps not only gives you a new handle on success, but you could avoid a terrible accident and save a life!


Oh, and if you're wondering what the top 10 food that has been mentioned as causing accidents to motorists during the batch job, the AAA has furnished this useful ist for you and your.


1. Coffee: it always finds a way out of the Cup.


2. Hot Soup: many people drink it like coffee and run the same risks.


3. Tacos: foods can disassemble even without much help, leave your car looks like a salad bar.


4. Chilli: potential for drips and sludge down in front of the clothes are significant.


5. Hamburgers: from the fat of burger ketchup and mustard on top of lots of goop can end up on your hands, clothes, and rat.


6. Barbecued Food: similar issue occurs for barbecued foods as hamburgers. Sauce can be great, but it will end up on what you touch.


7. Fried chicken: another food that leaves you with greasy hands, which means constant dry them on something, even if it is your shirt. It also makes the wheel greasy.


8. Jelly or cream-filled doughnuts: has no ever eaten a jelly doughnut charts without some of the center oozing out? And jelly can be difficult to remove from the material.


9. soft drinks: not only is the subject of scrap, but they can also fizz as you drink them, if you make any sudden movements. Most of us have childhood memories of soda fizz in the nose; sensation not now more comfortable.


10. Chocolate: like greasy food, chocolate can coat your fingers as it melts from the heat of your skin, leaving its mark everywhere you touched. Try to clean it from the steering wheel and you may end up unintentionally depart.

United, we will send you an email as a follow-up is published!

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment